It's time. It's almost here. The 2015 Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic is almost upon us, and we're ready to talk about it! Mark, Peter and (eventually) Prashanth put their heads together to preview this massive game, which just might be, once again, the biggest game in Baylor Football history. Prashanth joins us a few minutes late because of a certification exam or something that he had to take. But he's bringing his usual brand of analytical genius, and the podcast is better for it.
Here's what we're talking about!
- The Big 12 had a very bad day. A very. Bad. Day.
- Strange bowl scheduling preferences
- The issue of motivation in Bowl games. Who's primed for a statement? Who's primed for a letdown?
- Michigan State is a really good football team and how that impacts readiness and preparation
- Michigan State's motivations
- Does Narduzzi taking the Pitt job have any impact on the Spartans defense? What about Montgomery and the Baylor offense?
Pras Joins Us At Long Last
- Pras is excited about actually getting to go to a game. He got crazy good seats for on the cheap. Peter does not have club seats. Mark does not have seats and that is sad.
- We go off the rails for just a bit here. Sorry we're not sorry. Also: Live updates from the Texas game! Oh wait... We didn't broadcast this live.
- Rehashing some of the bowl stuff with Prashanth, because he has great takes and we love him.
- Bowls as litmus tests for conference strength and statement of future success
Hey Look, We're Talking About The Cotton Bowl!
- The fascinating statistical oddity that is the Michigan State passing attack - how do we shut down Conner Cook and Tony Lippett?
- Michigan State's rushing attack with Jeremy Langford and how our defensive line will fare against it
- Is the Baylor defensive line the best that Michigan State has seen this season?*
- Mark's key matchup: Our offense against their defense
- Kendal Briles elevated to the Offensive Coordinator and calling the plays - does that impact anything?
- Direct Message to Blake Lynch
- How much do we want to see Antwan Goodley targeted?
- Who is the Spartans' No. 2 cornerback?
- Last game of the year, Brent, can't hold anything back
- Much, much more.
*According the FootballOutsiders.com Defensive Line Stats, it's between Penn State and Baylor, with a slight edge to the Nittany Lions.